Moose stuffed peppers for dinner tonight!
Ground moose meat
Salt and Pepper
- Season and brown ground moose over med-high heat (we used: paprika, salt & pepper).
- Once browned remove and sauté your choice of veggies and herbs in the same pan, adding a little oil before cooking (we used: onion, mushrooms, garlic, fresh sage and rosemary and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce).
- Once veggies have cooked for 5 min or so add the meat back in with some pre-cooked rice and some salsa, stir to combine (tip pierce several small holes in the peppers with a fork or a knife before stuffing).
- Stuff Peppers and cook in a baking dish covered with tinfoil for 20 min at 425.
- Remove tinfoil and grate some fresh cheese of your choice on top and cook for an additional 5min uncovered or until cheese is melted, top with some sour cream and some green onion.
Recipe by: Michael E. Higgins