Looking for another delicious recipe to try with this season’s deer meat? How about Venison Kabobs!
This is a quick meal with great flavour that you can cook anywhere, from the kitchen to the campfire. Eat on it’s own with dipping sauces or add some pitas, lettuce, veggies & tzatziki to make some wraps for a full meal.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Yield: 5 – 6 people
- 4x Wild Turkey Legs (thighs and legs separated)
- 3x Slices of Bacon
- Half a Sweet Onion (chopped)
- 2x Garlic Cloves (1 diced, 1 sliced)
- 1 Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 3tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Whole Kalamata Olives (pitted)
- Fresh Sage (12 leaves chopped)
- Fresh Rosemary (2 sprigs)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Anchovies
- Season Turkey with S&P and Paprika.
- In large dutch oven render out fat from bacon over medium heat, remove bacon and dice, adding some olive oil to bacon grease and turn heat up to med-high and brown turkey in batches and set aside.
- Turn heat down to med-low add a little more oil and diced garlic and Anchovies and cook for 1min, then add onion, diced bacon and sage and sauté for 4min, then add Tomato Paste and cook for another 2min.
- Add can of tomatoes, sliced garlic, rosemary, bay leaves, olives, chicken stock and browned turkey, give a good stir and make sure 90% of the turkey is covered in liquid, add more stock if not enough.
- Cook in 300deg oven with lid on for 4hrs, stirring every hour until meat becomes tender. Serve over polenta or pasta.
Recipe by: Michael Higgins