Just like the classic sandwich but utilizing black bear meat!
BLACK BEAR PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
Preparation Time 30min
Cook Time 30min
Yield 4 people
- 1 half of Bear Backstrap (about 10″ long)
- 1.5 Sweet Onions (sliced)
- 10 Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1.5 Green Pepper (halved)
- 1 Garlic (sliced)
- 8 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- Maple Syrup
- Steak Seasoning
- Baguettes (crunchy on the outside soft in the middle)
- Slice bear into thin slices, season with S&P and steak seasoning.
- Grill/Char peppers over high heat. Same time sauté rest of veggies in butter and S&P over medium heat for 10min until onions start to take on some colour. After pepper is charred, slice and add to veggies.
- Cook bear over high heat over grill until cooked through, about 3-5min each side.
- Warm up baguette with butter, top with cheese, meat, veggies and drizzle with a little maple syrup.
Recipe by Michael E. Higgins