Just like the classic sandwich but utilizing black bear meat! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to our channel and read below for the full recipe and directions!
Be sure to visit and follow all our other social media platforms and website to keep up to date with all our cooking and hunting adventures and to find TV broadcast times in your area.
BLACK BEAR PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
Preparation Time 30min
Cook Time 30min
Yield 4 people
- 1 half of Bear Backstrap (about 10″ long)
- 1.5 Sweet Onions (sliced)
- 10 Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1.5 Green Pepper (halved)
- 1 Garlic (sliced)
- 8 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- Maple Syrup
- Steak Seasoning
- Baguettes (crunchy on the outside soft in the middle)
- Slice bear into thin slices, season with S&P and steak seasoning.
- Grill/Char peppers over high heat. Same time sauté rest of veggies in butter and S&P over medium heat for 10min until onions start to take on some colour. After pepper is charred, slice and add to veggies.
- Cook bear over high heat over grill until cooked through, about 3-5min each side.
- Warm up baguette with butter, top with cheese, meat, veggies and drizzle with a little maple syrup.
Recipe by Michael E. Higgins