How to Properly Cook Venison Striploin
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 Venison Striploin (backstrap)
- ¾ stick of Butter
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- Smoked Paprika (mild/hot)
- Garlic Powder
- Sunflower Oil
- Let your meat come to room temp before cooking, you want the meat to be the same temperature on the inside as the outside for even cooking.
- Season heavily with S&P, Garlic Powder & Paprika.
- Brown the loin in a cast iron pan over high heat with oil. Brown each side quickly, this should only take 2-4min for each side.
- Turn the heat down to low, add the butter, rosemary and garlic clove. Tilt the pan so the butter pools to one side and baste the loin with the hot butter, flipping the meat every several seconds for even cooking. Cook until you reach your preferred internal temp but we recommend not going past medium rare (135°F).
- Remove loin and let it rest on wire rack above a sheet pan for 10 min before slicing.
- Slice meat, add some salt and a couple spoonful’s of the hot butter.