This is a great way to cook wings to be enjoyed by a true carnivore who doesn’t mind working a bit and a little chew. Suggest a 45min braise before these steps for more tender chicken like wings. Also the Chili Bean Preserve can be found at Asian stores, online or in some specialty sections in North American grocery stores.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 6+ Duck Wings (no skin)
- Preserved Chili Bean Paste/Sauce for marinade
- Lime Juice
- Hoisin Sauce
- Thai Basil (fresh)
- Sesame Oil
- Coat wings in Chili Bean Preserve, cover and let sit in fridge overnight, or go right to cooking.
- Remove wings from fridge 1hr before cooking, do not remove marinade from wings.
- Drizzle wings with Sesame Oil, to help from sticking to BBQ and add a little flavour, season with salt, Cook on BBQ on low heat (200-250°), with top down, for 45min, flipping every 10min or so.
- When done, drizzle with Hoisin Sauce, a squeeze of fresh Lime Juice and some freshly chopped Thai Basil.
Recipe by: Michael Higgins